Probe after man dies in blaze at city house
A MAN has died after a fire tore through a home in Aberdeen yesterday. Emergency crews were called out to the blaze at an address in Gairn Terrace, in the Ruthrieston area of the city, at 3.50pm.
Neighbours watched in shock as dozens of firefighters in three appliances – from the North Anderson Drive station – tackled the fire with water jets.
Other residents arrived home from work to find smoke billowing from the property and the road sealed off.
For the full story, pick up a copy of today’s Press and Journal or read our digital edition now.