Top bowler dies days after docs failed to spot illness

By Jamie Buchan

Published: 05/01/2013

A SCOTTISH bowls champion has died of a devastating bacterial infection – just days after hospital staff diagnosed a swollen leg.

David Beaton became seriously ill after Christmas and was taken to Dr Gray’s Hospital in Elgin for a scan.

Doctors failed to spot an infection in his leg and told him to go home and get some rest.

For the full story, pick up a copy of today’s Press and Journal or read our digital edition now.

Purchase and read the Press and Journal online
Click on the image below for more details