Scheme to reopen cinema gathers pace
Plans to restore and reopen a historic cinema in Easter Ross have moved a step closer with the preparation of a business plan and the launch of fundraising for the second phase of the project.
Built as Tain’s town hall in about 1850, the imposing building on Tower Street was used as such until World War II.
During the war, it was used as a canteen for troops. When the war ended, it was turned into a picture house, run by Caledonian Associated Cinemas.
For the full story, pick up a copy of today’s Press and Journal or read our digital edition now.