We all love hearing a comical one-liner or gag now and then, but those that succeed in producing fits of laughter are a rare find.
Thankfully a poll released by Beano has revealed the funniest jokes of all time, according to kids – and we’ll be shocked if they fail to bring a smile to your face.
Here are the top 10 jokes selected by Scotland’s next generation of comics.
1) Why was the sand wet? – Because the sea weed!
2) Why should you be careful when it’s raining cats and dogs? – You might step in a poodle!
3) What do you call a blind dinosaur? – Doyouthinkhesaurus.
4) What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? – Frostbite!
5) What did the policeman say to his tummy? – Freeze you’re under a vest.
6) Doctor, Doctor! Help, I feel like a pair of curtains! – Pull yourself together then.
7) What do you call a blind deer? – No eye deer.
8) What’s brown and sticky? – A stick!
9) What’s the fastest vegetable? – A runner bean!
10) What happens when an egg hears a joke? – It cracks up!
The research was commissioned to celebrate the launch of Beano’s new national joke competition to find the funniest class in Britain, where entrants have the chance to win comic subscriptions, a special VIP Beano visit and joke workshop.
As well as, of course, being crowned Britain’s funniest class.
Primary Schools across the UK can submit their entries online at www.beano.com/jokes.