Performing arts venues across the north of Scotland have been awarded more than £2 million to help them stay afloat.
The Scottish Government has set aside more than £12 million in total to support businesses in this industry that cannot yet re-open due to the pandemic.
It says the money will “remove the threat of insolvency” while allowing key staff to return from furlough and increasing opportunities for artists.
Eden Court in Inverness and Aberdeen Performing Arts have both received £750,000 for this.
Funding has also been awarded to An Lanntair in Stornoway, Comar in Tobermory, Shetland Arts Development Agency and The Barn in Banchory.
Ian Munro, the chief executive of Creative Scotland, said work is underway to identify others in need of cash.
He said: “This funding for performing arts venues is much needed and will help organisations tackle these challenges, but we are aware that budgets are finite and it is not possible to provide financial assistance to every organisation through this route at this time.”
Culture Secretary Fiona Hyslop added: “Our performing arts venues effectively had to close overnight, with an almost complete loss of income.
“There is no doubt that in doing so they saved lives and for that I am extremely grateful.”
The full list of recipients:
- Aberdeen Performing Arts, (Aberdeen), £750,00
- An Lanntair, (Stornoway), £100,000
- Beacon Arts Centre, (Inverclyde), £114,000
- CCA: Centre for Contemporary Arts, (Glasgow), £214,500
- Citizens Theatre, (Glasgow), £100,000
- Comar, (Tobermory), £119,000
- Dance Base, (Edinburgh), £256,200
- Dundee Repertory Theatre, (Dundee), £480,907
- Eden Court Theatre and Cinema, (Inverness), £750,000
- Horsecross Arts, (Perth), £749,900
- Macrobert Arts Centre, (Stirling), £485,213
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre, (Pitlochry), £400,000
- Platform, (Glasgow), £75,400
- Royal Lyceum Theatre Company, (Edinburgh), £750,000
- Shetland Arts Development Agency, (Shetland), £247,582
- The Barn, (Banchory), £105,000
- The Storytelling Centre/TRACS, (Edinburgh), £213,000
- Tramway, (Glasgow), £549,000
- Traverse Theatre, (Edinburgh), £500,000
- Tron Theatre, (Glasgow), £499,849