Soak up the sun in style with one of these spritz drinks in hand.
Nothing marks the summer season quite like a spritzer.
Be it with white wine, vermouth, your favourite gin or even a non-alcoholic version, there’s plenty of ways to enjoy it.
While we may very much prefer to sip on one in our favourite holiday destinations like Italy, France or Spain, we’re just going to have to settle for our back gardens right now – or the comfort of your own sofa.
From a twist on a classic vodka and soda to a sparkling wine number, not to mention a vermouth and tonic-based drink, there’s plenty of ideas to experiment with this summer.
Bacardi’s global head of education and mixology, Joe McCanta, shares some of his favourite recipes below.
Le Grand Fizz
- 35ml Grey Goose vodka
- 15ml Fresh lime juice
- 25ml St Germain elderflower liqueur
- 60ml soda water
- Lime to garnish
- Build ice into an oversized wine glass.
- Add the vodka and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Top with the elderflower liqueur and chilled soda water.
- Garnish with two lime wedges.
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire gin
- 100ml elderflower tonic
- 25ml Martini Rosata Vermouth
- Orange wedges, to garnish
- Gently squeeze the orange wedges into a balloon glass.
- Add the vermouth and gin.
- Fill the glass with cubed ice, stir and mix.
- Gently top with chilled elderflower tonic.
- Stir with a bar spoon to combine all ingredients.
The St Germain Spritz
- 40ml St Germain
- 60ml sparkling wine (Champagne or Prosecco)
- 60ml sparkling water
- Lemon twist, to garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients over ice in a Collins glass.
- Stir gently and garnish with a lemon twist.
Martini Fiero & Tonic
- 75ml Martini Fiero (vermouth)
- 75ml tonic water
- Orange slice, to garnish
- Pour the vermouth and the tonic water into a balloon glass
- Serve over cubed ice with orange slide garnish.