Christmas is one of the best times to market your property, according to a Scottish independent property consultancy.
Galbraith have said that on Boxing Day agents report seeing a spike in online traffic, suggesting that it is one of the busiest days for house hunters.
And now Jennifer Campbell, a residential agent for Galbraith in Stirlingshire, has revealed her top tips for marketing a property over the festive period:
- A natural wreath on the door is a lovely invitation for viewers, after all you want them to envisage their next Christmas in that property.
- Pile the logs by the fire and have the fire lit during viewings, such a homely atmosphere will be difficult to resist.
- Keep decorations in keeping with colour themes in the property where possible.
- Natural choices of holly and ivy, pine wreaths and wooden decorations are timeless and classic in design and are less likely to offend.
- Fresh flowers with or without a Christmas theme are a must for the entertaining season and will be appreciated during viewings. Flowers always compliment a room.
- Encourage the children to make decorations for their rooms and if you have a playroom why not have a tree for them there to inspire them, this keeps your colour schemes in control elsewhere in the house.
- Keep outside lighting to a minimum, some simple fairy lights on a tree or shrub will create a welcoming atmosphere and again a classic white light is less likely to offend.
- Scented candles can be very effective at creating a winter ambience without the need for decorations, ginger spice or mulled wine scents are very popular and also add to the viewing experience.
- Always make sure viewings are in daylight hours so they can appreciate the property at its best.
- For marketing brochures at Christmas, take your photographs before you decorate the house and not on a snowy day. Photographs instantly date the marketing.