With the kind of homes available in the north-east countryside right now, there is no better time to escape city life.
Bigger bedrooms, more garden space and a bit of peace and quiet, there are lots of pros to living in the great outdoors.
So to save you traipsing around property websites and solicitors’ offices while you try to find your new home, here are nine currently on the market for less than £500,000.
1) Bankhead Steading, Keig, Alford
Offers over £499,500. See James and George Collie for the full schedule.
2) Eldirosa, Laverockbrae, Oldmeldrum
Offers start at £275,000. See Storie, Cruden and Simpson for more details.
3) Ard Na Greine, Craigston, Turriff
This house is on the market for £348,000 and has a BBQ hut in the garden.
A BBQ hut? When can we move in?
4) Seggiecrook Farmhouse, Leslie, Insch
Offers start at £280,000
5) Nechtansmere, Gallowhill, Crossroads, Keith
This three bedroom bungalow is in perfect condition and is available from £280,000.
6) Mill Of Durn, Portsoy, Banff
Offers start at £415,000.
7) North Newton, Methlick, Ellon
8) Blackburn Lodge, Kirkton Of Alvah, Banff
Offers start at £225,000.
9) Birchwood, Boyndie, Banff
The fire place the lounge will make getting through winter a lot easier. Offers for this four-bed begin at £265,000.