Volkswagen is launching a new generation of its mega successful Touran.
Here are 9 things you need to know about the updated version:
1. The completely redeveloped Touran is the first MPV to be based on the Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB)
2. Advantage of MQB: it was possible to pass on almost the full increase in overall vehicle length (+ 130 mm) to the wheelbase (+ 113 mm)
3. Five-seater version of the Touran has the biggest luggage compartment (1,040 litres) in its class (when loaded roof-high up to 2nd seat row)
4. Despite significant gain in overall length, weight has been reduced by 62 kg
5. Newly developed fold-flat seat system in 5-seater or 7-seater MPV is highly versatile and extremely easy to configure.
6. Up to 47 storage compartments and new Pure Air Climatronic system make the 5-seater and 7-seater Touran perfect for everyday use
7. New spectrum of infotainment systems; MirrorLink™, CarPlay (Apple) and Android Auto (Google) featured for first time
8. The new Touran boasts the biggest range of assistance and comfort systems in its class
9. The TSI and TDI engines are up to 19 per cent more economical; Touran 1.6 TDI with DSG consumes just 4.1 l/100 km.