A camper van caught fire on the A9 Inverness-Perth road this morning and caused delays for motorists as smoke covered the road.
A fire service spokeswoman said that one crew from Piltochry were called to the scene at Calvine, just north of House of Bruar, at about 10.40am.
The spokeswoman said that the camper van was “well alight” when firefighters arrived and that a number of butane gas cylinders exploded inside the vehicle due to the fire.
She confirmed that no one was hurt as a result of the vehicle fire.
One motorists caught up in the this morning’s queues said there was a delay of about 15 minutes due to the smoke covering the road.
Firefighters managed to extinguish the flames by about 11.40am and the camper van was completely destroyed.