It was a time when neon clothing, glow sticks and raves dominated.
But now 90s merchandise is often only associated with themed parties with guests sporting over-crimped hair styles and too much denim.
The pubs and clubs where they were originally showcased, however, are still with us – at least in spirit.
Here’s 11 memories for those who partied in the 90s.
1) Cotton Club, Union Street
2) Smart Alex, Littlejohn Street
3) Charlie Brown’s, Bon Accord Terrace
4) Berlin’s, Windmill Brae
5) Barnie Rubble’s, Union Street
6) Oscar’s, Union Street
7) Hoochi Coochi, Windmill Brae
The carpet doesn’t seem to have changed though.
8) Franklyn’s, Justice Mill Lane
9) Bex, Justice Mill Lane
According to Press and Journal photographer Kenny Elrick, it was the “place to be”.
10) Long Island Iced Tea Shop, Union Street
11) Mr G’s, Chapel Street
Mr G’s was so good, it made it to Inverness.