A loch in the outer Hebrides has been found to contain toxic shellfish.
Research from Food Standards Scotland has identified raised levels of shellfish toxins in East Loch Roag in Lewis.
Eating cockles, mussels or razor fish is considered dangerous.
A spokesperson for Na h-Eileanan Siar Council, head quartered in Stornoway said consumption “may pose a risk to human health and notices to warn the public and casual gatherers have been posted at various locations on the shore.
“Commercial shellfish harvesters in these areas have been contacted by the Comhairle and steps taken to postpone harvesting until algae levels subside.
“It is a sensible precaution to avoid eating shellfish from these areas until further notice.
“The council is monitoring the situation and will remove warning notices when it improves.”