Emergency services were called to a possible chemical contamination at a gym in Aberdeen.
The call was made at around 3.30pm to the David Lloyd Gym on Garthdee Road.
It was later confirmed that it was chlorine and sodium bisulphate in a pipe that led to a swimming pool that crews were investigating.
David Lloyd Gym posted a statement on its social media site at the time of the incident. It said: “Safety is our number one priority.
“During a routine inspection, there was found to be an issue with one of the valves in the plant room.
“As a precautionary measure we decided to evacuate the club and call the fire brigade.
“They have now left and the club will remain closed until specialist engineers have fixed the valve.
“At no point have any chemicals or gases leaked as a result of this issue, and the club has been temporarily closed purely as a precaution.
“We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.
“We are doing all that we can to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.”
A fire spokeswoman said the chemicals didn’t enter the pool.
She added: “Everyone was evacuated and no one was injured. Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus during a precautionary check.
“We took advice from hazmat officers and cleared the scene at 5.21pm.”
She confirmed that two special appliances attended along with four pumps.