Aberdeen’s FreshMex has been named in Deliveroo’s list of top 10 dishes in the WORLD.
The Mexican restaurant on Schoolhill has been given worldwide recognition as well as being named Scotland’s overall favourite.
It means the Granite City takeaway business stands up against fast food giants such as McDonald’s McMuffins and Wingstop wings.
The news comes after the food delivery app published their ‘Deliveroo 100 Report’ – a list of the top trending dishes across its top 10 markets around the world.
And Aberdeen’s FreshMex has come out of the rankings very favourably.
Famous burritos on Deliveroo list
And among their top 20 trending dishes around the world, FreshMex’s renowned Burrito sits proudly in 10th.
The worldwide list is as follows:
- Mixian noodle soup with Pork Belly and Cuttlefish Ball from TamJai Yunnan Mixian, Hong Kong
- Linguine Carbonara à la Parisienne (Linguine Carbonara, Parisian Style) from Livio Più, Paris, France
- Build Your Own Poké Bowl from Poké Shack, London, UK
- Gran Crispy McBacon from McDonald’s, Milano, Italy
- Original Burger, from SALT, Dubai, UAE
- Burrito Bowl from Boojum, Dublin, Ireland
- Salmon Style Poké Bowl from Hawaiian Poké Bowl, Ghent, Belgium
- Build Your Own Salad Bowl from atis, London,
- Sausage McMuffin with Egg Combo for 1, from McDonald’s, Hong Kong
- Burrito from Fresh Mex, Aberdeen, UK
Fresh Mex Scotland’s favourite
The signature burrito also gets a spot on the podium sitting in a proud third place on the UK list.
Only being beaten out only by London’s Poké Bowl and a build-your-own-salad bowl.
And Fresh Mex is the only Scottish entry into the UK top ten while chains such as WingStop and Five Guys hold the other nine spots.
The UK list is also published in full:
- Build Your Own Poké Bowl, Poké Shack, London
- Build Your Own Salad Bowl from atis, London
- Burrito from FreshMex, Aberdeen
- Build Your Own Burrito with Chicken Pibil from Tortilla, London
- Small Fairtrade Bananas 7 per pack from Waitrose, London
- 8 Pieces Boneless from Wingstop, London
- Chicken Ruby from Dishoom, London
- Harissa Chicken from Farmer J, London
- Gochujang Chicken Bibimbap Bowl from Grounded Kitchen, Birmingham
- Cheeseburger from Five Guys, London
Robbie Moult, owner of Fresh Mex, was delighted by the ‘great achievement’.
He said: “This is a great achievement for FreshMex and is testament to the hard work and dedication poured into our burritos (and every menu dish) by our amazing team in Aberdeen.
“A huge thanks to our incredible patrons too – your loyal support fuels our passion for delivering fresh, authentic American-Mexican flavours and it’s amazing to see how far we’ve come since our first days at farmers’ markets around Aberdeenshire thanks to your continued support.
“Deliveroo is a great enabler to allow lots of people to try our food – we hope to bring the taste of FreshMex to even more customers in 2024 with another fixed location and with further retail lines in ASDA and other major supermarkets.”