An Aberdeen man who sexually assaulted a young girl and exposed himself to two other children in the city has been jailed.
Allahbaksh Nadaf was convicted of three child sex charges after a trial at Aberdeen Sheriff Court.
The 30-year-old had denied the allegations and claimed he had been mistaken for someone else.
But in May, a jury of 10 women and five men took just an hour to find him guilty of all the charges.
Yesterday Nadaf appeared back in the dock for sentence.
He was jailed for 27 months and given a three-year extended sentence.
Sheriff Graham Buchanan also imposed a sexual offences prevention order on him which will last for five years.
This forbids him from having any contact with all children, apart from his son and nephew.
He will also be banned from going to public swimming pools, children’s parks and other community areas when he is released.
Nadaf will be on the sex offenders register for life.
During his trial, the court heard he handed himself in to the police after the media released CCTV footage of him at the Castlegate following one of the attacks.
But he claimed he had only been in the area by coincidence and just happened to match the description of the flasher.
During evidence, he told the jury he had walked along Flourmill Lane on November 24 last year, shortly before a man had exposed himself to an eight-year-old girl.
But he denied he was the culprit and said he had not seen the girl.
He also denied inappropriately touching a 12-year-old girl on November 25, 2014, and exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl on January 15 this year.
It emerged Nadaf, of 597 Clifton Road, had been picked out of a police parade by the three children as someone they thought looked like the man who had attacked them.
Nadaf’s wife, Ruma, also gave evidence during the trial and said she would have left her husband if she believed he was guilty.
The former social worker and child protection officer said she supported her husband and did not believe he was guilty of “any crimes”.
Under cross-examination by fiscal depute David Bernard, she admitted she would be devastated if she thought her husband was guilty.
All three girls, who cannot be named for legal reasons, gave evidence in the trial.