Storm Caroline arrived in the north of Scotland today and left her mark with travel chaos across the country, schools closed and thousands of homes left without power.
Here are seven stories from today’s storm coverage.
1) Warnings of travel chaos, 90mph wind, flood alerts: Brace yourself, Storm Caroline arrives today
Severe flood warnings were issued last night and major rail, ferry and flight delays are expected across the north of Scotland as Storm Caroline arrives. Read more here
2) Storm Caroline: More train services in the north-east hit
Train commuters face more disruption this morning as Storm Caroline makes her presence known. Read more here.
3) Storm Caroline: The north and north-east schools closed so far
Porthlethen Academy was the first school to be closed due to the arrival of Storm Caroline. Read more here.
4) Dramatic picture shows moment waves batter broken-down school bus
More than 30 youngsters on board a school bus in Orkney had a “lucky” escape when it broke down in Storm Caroline. Read more here.
5) VIDEO: 105mph wind speed recorded in Fraserburgh
This footage shows Storm Caroline’s presence in the north-east. Read more here.
6) Storm Caroline: Power cuts reported across north of Scotland
Hundreds of properties have been left without electricity across the north of Scotland this afternoon as Storm Caroline sweeps across the country. Read more here.
7) The latest reason for train delays: a trampoline on the line
Regular train users are all too familiar with delays because of leaves, snow or even animals on the line.