Police arrest teenager after officers terrorised on the streets of Aberdeen

A police car was smashed in Dyce.

A teenager has been arrested in connection with an alleged police attack and a break-in at a building depot in the city.

The 18-year-old was detained after a major investigation was launched into incidents in Peterhead and the Bridge of Don and Dyce areas of Aberdeen on Thursday.

Officers were sent to Glenhome Gardens in Dyce in the early hours of Thursday morning after receiving reports of an abandoned silver Mitsubishi Shogun car.

But detectives said the officers came under attack as they were carrying out their investigations.

The police arrived as a group of men allegedly attempted to drive away in a red Volkswagen Golf.

Police later received reports of a vehicle being driven erratically on the wrong side of the road on the Lang Stracht and Queen’s Road.

Officers were also called out to investigate a commercial break-in at the building materials supplier GAP Ltd on the city’s Denmore Road.

Detectives believe a Mitsubishi 4×4 vehicle reported stolen from a garage on Charlotte Street in Peterhead at around 4.30am could have been involved in the incident.

Police said they were looking for three men in connection with the incident and an 18-year-old was arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Detective Inspector David Howieson, who has been leading the inquiries, urged anyone with information to get in touch.

He said: “I would like to thank the numerous members of the public who have been in contact today with potential sightings and information which has been crucial to our investigation.

“Our inquiries are continuing and I would urge anyone with information they think could help to contact police – it is not too late to get in touch.”

Graeme McAnally, the branch manager of GAP Ltd in Bridge of Don, said he was shocked over the incident.

He said a stock inventory would be carried out to check to see if anything had been taken from the PVC-U building products depot in the Bridge of Don area of the city.

He said: “We called the police and they sent forensics along straight away. “This has never happened before and staff are very shocked.”

Anyone with information is urged to contact the police on 101.