Police are bracing themselves for the arrival of up to 10,000 pro-independence on the streets of Aberdeen.
They plan to march through the streets on Saturday August 17, with councillors to decide whether to grant permission just days before.
All Under One Banner (AUOB) is behind the event and already widely publicised it online.
In new council papers, the organisers pledge to provide 500 stewards.
Councillors on next Wednesday’s licensing sub committee will be faced with three options – granting permission without any additional conditions, giving permission subject to additional conditions or prohibiting the march.
The planned route of the procession has had to be significantly altered.
AUOB initially intended to march from the Castlegate to Duthie Park but safety concerns were raised and they have since scaled back the plans and now wish to travel from Albyn Place to the Castlegate, with the march to begin at 1.30pm.
Previous AUOB marches have attracted thousands of supporters and taken up major streets like Edinburgh’s Royal Mile.
Organisers have previously said they will march in Aberdeen regardless of whether permission is granted, believing they are covered under European freedom of assembly laws.
But a senior council source said this legislation only covers static protests and not large scale processions.
Papers submitted to the committee by Police Scotland say that the force do not object to the march but that a temporary traffic order will need to be applied for.
The report adds: “It is anticipated there will be approximately 10,000 participants in the parade. There will be approximately 500 volunteer stewards along the route”
Rory Macpherson from Aye Aberdeen, which is helping to arrange the parade, is hopeful that turnout will exceed expectations.
He said: “This is about demonstrating the support for independence locally.
“People aren’t really happy with what’s going on with Brexit and the UK Government, so we’re going to get out there and show that there is a big support for independence in Aberdeen.”