An historic Aberdeen pub has submitted plans for renovations after being bought over by new owners last year.
The future of the Grill, which has been on Union Street since 1870, was uncertain last March when owners put the property on the market.
However, just a month later, it was snapped up by the Aberdeen-based McGinty’s Group who revealed it had added it to a portfolio of businesses across the city.
Now, new plans have been submitted to alter the frontage, replace the windows – and add the words “Aberdeen’s favourite whisky bar” – refurbish the bronze panels and signage, install an LED light and repoint the stonework.
Council planners will assess the scheme before deciding whether to grant permission for the alterations.
Initially opened as a restaurant by George Watson in 1870, the ground floor venue welcomed diners from across the city for around three decades.
Sometime after the turn of the century, it was transformed into a pub.