An aerial video taken by a drone has been posted on social media showing the full extent of the devastation caused by a fire at an Aberdeenshire hotel yesterday evening.
More than 50 firefighters were called out to the historic 130-year-old Darroch Learg Hotel in Ballater at around 4pm yesterday.
Now thanks a video captured by the drones of Inverurie-based Fennel Media, the full extent of the damage caused by yesterday’s blaze can be revealed.
The fire has all but annihilated the entire top floor of the three-story hotel, with only a few chimney stacks poking through the blackened debris unharmed.
The A93 through Ballater was closed yesterday evening while the crews battled the fire until it was under control at just after 10pm last night.
Nobody was hurt in the blaze, which engulfed the top two floors of the B-listed landmark.
The Darroch Learg hotel was built in 1888 as an elegant country residence for the then-headmaster of Robert Gordon’s School in Aberdeen, and has won numerous accolades since it opened as a hotel such as a place in Scotland’s top ten best eateries, and titles in the RAC Hospitality Awards.
Aerial footage and photograph provided courtesy of Fennel Media. Visit them on Facebook here.