Campaigners fighting to save an historic Aberdeen landmark will finally be given entry to the site this week.
It comes as the team fighting to save the Bon Accord Baths, Bon Accord Heritage, raised thousands of pounds for its cause in a matter of days.
The group hopes to collect £5,000 to fund a feasibility study for the Art Deco site on Justice Mill Lane – which opened to the public in 1940 and has been closed for the past seven years.
John Law, head of facilities and fundraising for the team, said members been “overwhelmed” by the traction their online fundraising appeal had gained.
And this Friday the group will gain entry to the building for the first time – a breakthrough they have been working towards for more than a year.
They will also meet representatives from Aberdeen City Council’s property estates team during the week.
Mr Law said: “This is sufficient for us to begin serious negotiations with Aberdeen City Council about restoring the baths to their former glory.”
The group raised £1,835 from 85 pledges towards the cause through a Just Giving page launched last week.
In addition, Mr Law said the team had received a “huge” donation from a local businessman who wants to remain anonymous.
He added: “I am stunned and overwhelmed by the fantastic response we have received to the crowd funding appeal and to the anonymous donation.
“This will allow us to step up the campaign much more quickly than anticipated this time last week.”
If the feasibility study proves positive, Bon Accord Heritage’s aim would be to raise more funds for the restoration of the baths.
The building was put on the open market by Aberdeen City Council in January through selling agents, Shepherd Commercial.
The B-listed property was shut in 2008 as part of £27million worth of local authority cutbacks.