A man detained by police investigating a sexual assault at an Aberdeen park has been released from custody.
The 25-year-old was charged yesterday morning by police in relation to the alleged attack which happened at Bon Accord Gardens, near Bon Accord Terrace, between 2am-2.30am on Tuesday.
Officers said he was due to appear at Aberdeen Sheriff Court.
However, a spokesman for the Procurator Fiscal at Aberdeen confirmed yesterday afternoon that the accused had been released from custody and that the case was still under consideration.
“The Procurator Fiscal at Aberdeen received a report concerning a 25-year-old man,” he said.
“After full and careful consideration of the report, the accused was liberated from custody and did not appear in court.
“The case remains under consideration by the Procurator Fiscal.”