An historic Aberdeen venue, which has closed for a multimillion-pound renovation, is offering people the chance to own a piece of its storied past.
The Music Hall hosted its final performance on Saturday, and will now be closed for two years, while the £7million refurbishment is carried out.
Now, Aberdeen Performing Arts (APA) is selling off a number of items from inside the building, including furniture and memorabilia.
Among the items which will be sold off are dressing room furniture which has been graced by Sir Alex Ferguson, Billy Connolly CBE, and north-east songstress Emeli Sande.
In addition, there will also be chandeliers for sale, which hung from the venue’s ceilings for more than 50 years.
Cardboard cut-outs of Peppa Pig, the cast of Hairspray, and other show memorabilia over the years will also be up for grabs.
The concert hall is expected to be closed for 20 months while work takes place.
A new performance studio and new creative learning space will be added to the revamped facility while the box office and reception will be brought into the heart of the building.
As well as this, a ramped entrace will be added to the Union Street entrance, with access to the balcony also improved.
The box office is now closed, and has been replaced by the centre at the Lemon Tree, West North Street.
The sale will be held in the main hall tomorrow and Sunday, from 10am to 5pm.
APA is also still appealing for donations to the project.
For more information visit www.aberdeenperformingarts.com.
Here’s some of the best stuff up for grabs.
1) Dressing room furniture graced by Sir Alex Ferguson, Billy Connolly, Paulo Nutini and Emeli Sande
There have been plenty of big names taking to the Music Hall stage through the years…
2) Brass plaques that signposted the way around the Music Hall
Looking for a bit of Musc Hall history for your house?
3) Life size cut-outs of Peppa Pig, the cast of Hairspray and other various collectibles and standees
Okay, so it won’t be the focal point of your living room. But it could bring great entertainment to a party…
4)Various show posters from over the years
Perfect for the student bedroom…
5) Chandeliers that have hung in the Music Hall for 50+ years
A real piece of Music Hall history. The chandeliers were beautiful decorative items for the old building.
6) Curios from around the building… From Christmas jumpers to pictures of the Music Hall and old vinyl
You name it, it’s probably there. Often with a touch of star quality.
7) Large mirrors that hung in the foyer, and above fireplaces throughout the building for decades.
We particularly like the look of the big tall ones on the left…
8) Copies of Edi Swan’s Celebrating 150 Years of Aberdeen’s Famous Concert Hall book
Brush up on your history…
9) Green room sofas perched on by the likes of The Stereophonics and Coldplay
Imagine telling your friends who else has sat on those sofas in your living room.