A group of Aberdeen fishermen battling a landowner have vowed to continue their fight as the conflict enters its third year.
In April 2014, plastic surgeon Pralhad Kohle placed boulders that prevented boats heading out to sea along his land.
But in January last year the local authority ordered him to remove some of the obstructive stones to allow public access.
Since then more boulders have been placed down, again partially blocking access to the harbour with fishermen being prevented from storing their boats and being concerned about a compromise of safety.
In November last year, a request was made to Mr Kohle’s solicitors asking him if he would be willing to discuss the situation with the aim of finding an agreement for all parties.
Mr Kohle’s solicitors responded in early January that he was not inclined to discuss the issue.
A court hearing took place on January 19 and it was decided by the sheriff that the case will be heard on the May 3 and 4 in the form of a debate.
Fisherman Jim Adam, who has been leading the campaign to allow access to boats and fishing, said: “This has been going on since April 2014 and it is all to get us off the beach.
“It doesn’t look so bad as it first did but there are still definite safety risk. If it was bad weather it would be dangerous to drag the boats along the beach there.
“We are waiting on the verdict in early May. We will have to asses our options then.”
In a petition addressed to Mr Kohle last year the campaign attracted more than 11,000 signatures but they were told to address another petition directly to Aberdeenshire council.
Since then, costs and solicitor bills for the fishermen have risen to more than £50,000 and are still rising despite the donations and fundraising efforts from the Cove community.
The harbour has been used by fishing boats since medieval times and Mr Adams has previously highlighted its historic use in an earlier plea to the Aberdeenshire council showing photographs as evidence.
Mr Kohle did not respond to our request for comment.