A north-east primary will remain closed today following a gas leak.
Inverallochy School near Fraserburgh was shut to pupils yesterday after the building was left with no hot water or heating.
Last night council officials said they were still working with the primary and nursery to get it ready for reopening “as soon and safely as possible.”
The local authority have said the school’s head teacher, Fiona Edwards, will let parents know when their children can return.
Gas engineers were called to the building to turn off the supply to make sure it was safe.
The council issued a statement early yesterday morning announcing the closure and apologising to those affected.
It said: “Due to a gas leak, our boiler is not operational meaning there is no heating or hot water in the building.
“Parents will be notified once the problem has been fixed and the boiler is back in working order again. Apologies for this disruption.”
Last night, officials provided a further update on the situation and said they would let parents know when it was safe for their children to return.
They are currently working to find a solution so classes at the village primary and nursery can continue.
An Aberdeenshire Council spokesman said: “Inverallochy School in Fraserburgh was closed due to a gas leak, meaning there is currently no heating or hot water.
“We are working with the school and other service providers to ensure the school is reopened as soon and as safely as possible.
“The head teacher will contact parents to let them know when the school is to reopen.”
Gas infrastructure firm SGN confirmed one of their engineers visited Inverallochy to switch off the supply.
A spokeswoman from the company said: “We attended Inverallochy School, Aberdeenshire, in our capacity as the National Gas Emergency service for Scotland.
“Our engineer turned off the gas supply to the school, made safe, and left shortly after.”