A senior north-east firefighter has warned the public over the dangers of derelict buildings.
In March, a joint investigation between police and fire service was launched after an old building, once home to Victoria Taxis in Macduff, was set on fire.
Two boys, aged 14 and 15, and a 13-year-old girl have since been charged with wilful fireraising in relation to the incident.
Craig Shand, station commander for prevention and protection in Aberdeenshire and Moray, is urging people to stay safe.
Mr Shand said: “We know that derelict properties can attract people wanting to explore or commit antisocial behaviour.
“But these sites pose a number of risks to individuals, including hidden voids in floors, unsafe structures and broken glass.
“We are here for all of communities during these trying times, but when firefighters are deployed to unnecessary incidents it can divert them away from genuine emergencies.
“There is simply no way of knowing what you could encounter when entering a derelict property and that is why I would urge everyone to be mindful of the dangers presented.
“Put simply, it is not worth taking the risk.”