Here is a list of everything we have reported so far about this morning’s rail crash near Stonehaven.
- Three people have been confirmed dead by the British Transport Police, it is thought the driver is one of the deceased.
- The train was travelling between Aberdeen and Stonehaven when it crashed around 9.40am
- Scotrail tweeted the incident happened at Carmont
- It was the 6.38am service, made up of locomotives and four carriages
- A major incident has been declared at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary with staff “pre-alerted” for incoming patients
- It is understood the locomotive and three carriages derailed and slid down an embankment
- Around 30 emergency service vehicles, including two air ambulances, are on the scene
- There had been heavy rain and flooding in the area overnight
- The fire service sent 12 appliances and specialist resources to the scene. Crews remain in attendance as of 3.15pm
- A centre has been opened to support people directly affected by this morning’s train crash
Stonehaven train crash: More coverage