An Aberdeenshire house was “totally gutted” by a blaze last night.
Several people were said to be in the Old Bridge Cottage, near Mossat, when a fire engulfed the property at about 6pm.
The blaze is believed to have started in the chimney, with firefighters spending roughly six hours tackling the blaze.
Nobody was injured or required rescue during the incident.
However a snake and another reptile are said to have been killed during the fire.
Four fire applicanes from Alford, Strathdon, Huntly and Insch were called to the scene.
The property is located off the A944 Aberdeen to Mossat road, which was closed around the blaze.
Another incident support vehicle, from Dyce, and a welfare unit from Huntly were sent to the scene.
The fire was brought under control at about midnight.
A fire and rescue spokeswoman said: “We attended at 6.08pm. There was four appliances there and there was an incident support vehicle and a welfare unit.
“It was all done and dusted by midnight. Originally there was two appliances and they asked for another two.”
One man who witnessed the fire said the building had been “totally gutted” by the blaze.
He added: “The house is totally burnt out. It is a total wreck. Apart from the roof, everything has collapsed in.”
Police have confirmed the fire was not suspicious.