The Castletown Hotel had to be evacuated this evening after a fire broke out in a chimney.
Two crews from Thurso and further appliances from John O Groats and Wick were drafted in to tackle the flames on the ground floor just after 7pm.
In total six sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used and the fire fighters left the scene at around 10.15pm.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “We had crews investigating in the loft space for any possible fire spread.
“They also removed some of the floorboards for the same reason.
“They were away from the scene at 10.14pm.”