More than 1,000 people have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours.
Among them are these nine from the Highlands.
Click on their name to read more about why they were honoured – and how they reacted when they found out.
Commanders of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Lorne Crerar. For services to Economic and Community Development in Scotland. (Ross and Cromarty)
Members of the Order of the British Empire
- Donald Darroch. Special Constable, Police Scotland. For services to Law and Order. (Jura)
- Norman Macdonald. Chairman, Highland Hospice. For services to charity and terminally ill people in the Highlands and islands. (Inverness)
- Dr David Murray. For services to Healthcare and the community in Wester Ross. (Strathcarron).
Medallist of the Order of the British Empire
- Yvonne Birnie. Treasurer, Rothiemurchus and Aviemore Tennis Club. For services to Sport in Badenoch and Strathspey. (Aviemore).
- Jane Mayo. Chairwoman, Campbeltown Community Business Ltd, Cambeltown Picture House. For services to cultural heritage, business and charity in Argyll and Bute. (Campbeltown)
- Christina McIntosh. For services to the environment and the community in Alness. (Alness)
- Alan Robertson. For voluntary service to Kingussie Camanachd Club. (Kingussie)
You can read about the people from the north-east and Moray here: