Three fire crews raced to provide assistance at a Highland home after a blaze broke out in the kitchen.
Initial reports of the blaze on Station Road in Newtonmore were received shortly before 10.30am, with two crews from Grantown attending alongside a further appliance from Kingussie.
The fire at the domestic property took hold in the kitchen area with the quick-thinking actions of the owner praised after she closed the doors surrounding the kitchen which prevented the fire from spreading through the property.
The owner is understood to have been outside of the property at the time of the blaze, before taking action after hearing the sound of the smoke alarm.
Upon the arrival of the fire crews, four firefighters dawned breathing apparatus were sent in to tackle the inferno, with two hose reel jets also in use.
Sadly one of the owner’s pet cats is understood to have died in the fire.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “We received a call at 10.27am to attend to reports of a dwelling fire in Newtonmore at a domestic property.
“Three appliances in total have been sent to the scene with one from Kingussie joined by two from Grantown.
“Four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and two thermal imaging cameras were in use, with crews also cutting away parts of the building both inside and out.
“A stop message was received at 12.14pm”
The fire is understood to have delivered smoke damage to other parts of the property, however, was mainly contained in the kitchen area.
Windows around the kitchen burst with the heat, with smoke staining much of the surrounding walls.
Engineers from Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) were also in attendance to isolate the power supply to the building.
An SSE spokeswoman said: “We attended a customer’s property on 26 June following reports of a fire. Power to the house was isolated and the property has now been made safe.”
Police were made aware of the incident, however, no officers were sent to attend the scene.
A local fire service officer also attended.