Highland Council staff have been banned from using old laptops amid fears one may have sparked a huge blaze at a primary school.
Pupils and staff were evacuated from Park Primary School in Invergordon in the Highlands after the fire broke out shortly after 10am on Monday.
Seven fire engines and an aerial appliance were sent to tackle the blaze, which was described as “well developed”.
The evacuated pupils and staff were taken to Invergordon Academy and parents were asked to collect their children from there.
There were no reports of any injuries and Highland Council said everyone is accounted for and safe.
In a statement, the local authority said: “We are awaiting the outcome of Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s investigation into the fire but we understand it might have originated from an old laptop.
“As a precaution we are asking all staff using these older models not to use them until further notice.”
The statement added plans are in place to provide temporary school accommodation at Invergordon Academy for the primary pupils and staff before the end of the week.
There are 186 children at Park Primary School, including 32 nursery pupils, and 343 pupils enrolled at the academy, which has a capacity of 550.
Highland Council leader Margaret Davidson said: “We would like to praise the quick, safe and efficient way staff were able to evacuate the building once the fire was discovered.
“All our schools have regular fire drills in preparation for this type of incident. We are relieved that everyone is accounted for and is safe.
“We appreciate that this has been a traumatic event for the children and staff and we will be putting the necessary support in place for anyone who needs it.”
A parents’ event will be held at Invergordon Academy on Tuesday evening to discuss plans for the primary school pupils.