Trains heading to and from Inverness are facing disruption this morning, with at least one effectively cancelled and others terminating early.
Services from Glasgow and Edinburgh are both delayed according to ScotRail.
The affected services include;
- 5.03am service from Perth to Inverness is delayed and expected to be 30 minutes late.
- 5.36am Inverness to Edinburgh, service will terminate at Perth and no longer call at Ladybank, Markinch, Kirkcaldy, Inverkeithing, Edinburgh Gateway, Haymarket and Edinburgh.
- 6.36am Inverness to Edinburgh will terminate at Perth and will no longer call at Kirkcaldy, Edinburgh Gateway, Haymarket and Edinburgh.
- 8.45am Inverness to Glasgow, this service will no longer start at Inverness, instead it will being at Perth missing Inverness, Carrbridge, Aviemore, Kingussie, Newtonmore, Pitlochry and Dunkeld & Birnam.
- 9.44am Inverness to Edinburgh is being delayed.
The issues are being caused by a signalling fault between Carrbridge and Aviemore.
According to ScotRail, disruption is expected to continue until 3pm this morning, with services delayed by “up to 30 minutes or revised.”
A statement on the JourneyCheck website said: “We’ve got a signal fault between Aviemore and Carrbridge that’s causing some disruption to our services.
“We’ve got techs on site and they’re doing what they can to fix the problem.
“Once we have more information from our staff on the ground well provide you with an update on how this will affect your journey. “