A man has been taken to hospital after a ceiling collapsed at a house in Wick this morning.
A fire and rescue spokeswoman said the collapse was due to flooding at a property in Battery Road in the Caithness town.
It is believed that the damage was caused by a hot water tank bursting in the attic of the block of flats.
One fire appliance from Wick was sent to the scene after receiving a call-out at 8.58am.
A spokeswoman said: “We received a call to a flooding incident in Battery Road where a ceiling has collapsed.
“It is unclear what caused the flooding at the moment.”
An ambulance also attended and took the injured man to Caithness General Hospital. It is understood he may have been burned by hot water.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: “A man has been taken to hospital following the incident.
“There is no update on his condition at the present time.”