One person has been injured in a late night blaze at a home in Inverness.
Emergency services were called to Oldtown Road at around 12.15am last night following reports of a blaze.
Two units were sent to the scene and the stop message had come back by 12.40am.
Speaking last night, a spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “The ambulance are in attendance and there has been one casualty.”
Station Manager Ross Nixon, who is based in Inverness, said: “Thanks to the quick actions taken by the member of the public who heard the smoke alarm, the emergency services were able to swiftly respond to this incident.
“This was an extremely challenging situation however the professionalism displayed by firefighters and our emergency service partners at Scottish Ambulance Service and Police Scotland, ensured the situation was quickly brought under control.
“This once again highlights the importance of having a working smoke alarm in the home. Had someone not heard the alarm then this incident would most certainly have had a less positive conclusion.
“One of our roles is to help make your home as safe from fire as it can be. This is why we provide free Home Fire Safety Visits, which can be arranged anytime and will help you find any potential fire hazards.”