Two people were rescued from a blaze at an Inverness property in the early hours of this morning.
Three fire crews went to Oldtown Road in the Hilton area around 4.30am.
Police and ambulance personnel also joined their emergency service colleagues at the scene as two people, a man and a woman, were removed from the property and taken to Raigmore Hospital.
It is believed they were treated for smoke inhalation by medics.
The firefighters, all based in the city, used three hose reel jets and six sets of breathing apparatus to assist in the rescue.
Local residents reported how they were woken in the early hours by “firefighters banging at the door” and how the hall of the neighbouring block of flats filled with smoke.
Staff from the nearby Scotmid shop also provided firefighters with coffee after the incident.