Refuse in a Highland bin lorry caught fire from hot ashes put in with household waste.
The incident prompted Highland Council to issue a plea to householders to wait until they are sure their hot ashes are cold before placing them in the bin.
Crews from Beauly and Drumnadrochit were called out to Kiltarlity just before 8am to attend the smoking vehicle on the A833 Tomnacross Road.
They tackled the fire with a hose reel jet and were off the scene some 20 minutes later.
Council waste operatives were uninjured, and the lorry went to the council’s Inverness depot.
A replacement lorry was laid on to enable bin collections in the area to carry on as normal.
The incident prompted Highland Council to urge residents not to put hot ashes into household bins, but to ensure that ash is properly cooled before emptying into the bin.
Carron McDiarmid, Highland Council’s executive chief officer for Communities and Place said: “We cannot stress enough,at any time, how important it is to take care not to place hot ash in bins.
“Not only does this put the safety of our staff at immediate risk, it also takes the emergency services away from dealing with other emergencies.
“In this time of COVID-19 crisis we urge everyone to be careful, please think, check and check again carefully if ash is cooled before discarding it.”