Residents of a Lewis care home are “no longer at risk of harm”, experts have said.
Western Isles Council launched an inquiry into Blar Buidhe near Stornoway last month after concerns were raised about the diet of its residents.
A report from the Care Inspectorate said the home, owned by HC One, repeatedly failed to effectively respond to claims that a pensioner was malnourished.
Norma Smith of Ness, Lewis, became ill and died in hospital on August 13 last year, just before her 81st birthday. Her family said she had lost six stones in weight while she was in Blar Buidhe.
Chief social work officer Iain Macaulay said he was “fully satisfied” that the home owner had now taken steps to address concerns.
Mr Macaulay said: “We have received positive feedback from NHS Western Isles and Western Isles Council staff involved in this investigation.
“As a result, we are now fully satisfied that the terms of the investigation no longer apply and that the large-scale investigation has now been concluded.
“We are reassured that the individuals subject to initial enquires are no longer deemed to be adults at risk of harm.
“Individual reviews will continue as part of the normal process monitoring and reviewing process. I would like to thank residents and their relatives for their cooperation during the investigation.”
A voluntary suspension on new admissions to the home, which specialists in elderly and dementia care, has also been lifted.
A spokesman for HC One said: “The health, safety and wellbeing of each person we support are our top priorities.
“We are pleased with the outcome of the review by the council and the confidence they have shown in the care we provide.
“We have worked hard over recent weeks to ensure the home continues to provide high quality care and have put additional management support and robust safeguards in place.”