A woman in her 80s and a teenage boy were taken to hospital after a gas explosion at a house in Shetland.
The blast in the village of Brae happened just after 2pm at Ockragarth, part of a housing estate known locally as Toy Town.
The boy is reported to have been in the bedroom when the explosion happened, and managed to “roll out” of the collapsed building with only minor injuries.
Neighbours helped the woman from the house and attended to her while waiting for the ambulance. A doctor from the nearby Brae surgery also attended.
A neighbour, Georgia Smith, who lives about 100 yards from the scene, said she and her dad were enjoying the sun in the garden when the explosion occurred.
Police said the woman was not believed to have sustained life-threatening injuries.
Firefighters were seen yesterday afternoon dousing the building to keep the dust down from the asbestos roof of the collapsed building.
Four fire crews, police and an ambulance were called to the scene at 2.12pm after a member of the public raised the alarm.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “The explosion has led to a fire within the house. Around 90% of the house has gone.”
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We received a call at 2.13pm to an address at Ockragarth, Brae, in Shetland.
“We dispatched an ambulance to the scene and a female patient in her 80s was transported to Gilbert Bain Hospital.”