Five teenagers have been charged following an alleged sex attack at Prince Charles’s former school in Moray.
The boys have been accused of assaulting a fellow pupil at Gordonstoun, near Elgin, earlier this month.
An investigation was launched following the alleged incident with police confirming that the teens have been charged.
A Gordonstoun spokeswoman said: “Gordonstoun is a warm and supportive community where the safety and care of students is at the heart of everything we do.
“If an incident is reported to us we always investigate thoroughly and take appropriate action, working with the relevant authorities, where appropriate, and always liaising sensitively with our pupils and their parents.
“We adhere to the highest standards of child protection and our commitment to providing outstanding pastoral care was reflected in the school’s most recent Care Inspectorate report which recognised our ‘comprehensive wellbeing and child protection policies’.”
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm that five teenage boys have been charged in relation to an assault that took place in the Moray area on November 11.
“A report will be jointly submitted to the procurator fiscal and children’s reporter in due course.”
Gordonstoun is recognised as one of the most prestigious private schools in the country and has educated other royals including the Duke of Edinburgh, who is patron of the school’s alumni association, and his sons Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.