The police investigation into the six illegal asylum seekers who made off from a lorry in Moray is now over.
The six men – four of whom come from Afghanistan – were all traced over the weekend and are now in police custody.
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm that six males were brought into custody from various locations in and around the Fochabers area on Friday and Saturday.
“Police inquiries are complete and no-one else is being sought in connection with the investigation.”
Last week the French authorities cleared 650 mainly Afghan and Syrian migrants from two camps in Calais.
It was said that the expulsion was aimed at stopping an outbreak of scabies in the camps.
However, many of those displaced expressed worries that they had nowhere else to go.
The six men detained in Moray also included a Kuwaiti and an Indian national. All are aged between 23 and 45.
Two were caught almost immediately after jumping out of a lorry which has just returned to the Baxters headquarters near Fochabers.
Sean Morton, who represents Fochabers on Moray Council, said that people should have a degree of sympathy for them
He said: “These six men have travelled all the way from the continent for goodness knows how long cooped up in the back of a lorry.
“They have come from places with unbelievable strife like Afghanistan. They risked everything they had because they wanted a better life and they wanted it here.
“That doesn’t mean they didn’t break the law but I think it’s sometimes worth remembering that they have a life story just like the rest of us.
“I’m very pleased that the police managed to trace the men and that local people were supportive of the effort to find them.
“I believe that immigration has its benefits – but not like this. It has to happen in a careful and legal way.
“The Home Office will decide on their fate and they will be deported if they have no legal reason to be here.
“But I think it’s important to get things in perspective – if this was happening all the time, it wouldn’t be making the news.”