Police step up search for missing Moray man not seen for three weeks

© SuppliedAlan Morrison was last seen on Christmas Eve.
Alan Morrison was last seen on Christmas Eve.

Police have stepped up efforts to trace a Moray man who has not been seen for more than three weeks.

Alan Morrison, from Buckie, was last seen by his family at home on Christmas Eve, but was only reported missing on January 11.

Yesterday, specialist officers began searching the Burn of Buckie as concerns grow about his welfare.

Police have also spoken to locals near the 47-year-old’s Lawson Place home in an attempt to establish his last-known movements.

Mr Morrison was last seen by his family at home on Christmas Eve, but was not there the following day – leading to the belief that he must have left that evening.

>> Keep up to date with the latest news with The P&J newsletter

Last night, Detective Inspector Norman Stevenson urged residents in the town to check gardens and sheds to see if Mr Morrison had taken shelter there.

He said: “Searches will be carried out by specialist teams, in particular focusing on the Burn of Buckie. However, simple checks and vigilance could help us greatly. All I ask is that nobody puts themselves in any danger.

“It has been more than three weeks now since Alan was last seen and we have yet to receive any positive sightings of him since Christmas Eve.

“It is extremely concerning that he wasn’t in touch with his family over the festive period, in particular Christmas Day, and as more time passes our concerns for him understandably grow.”

Police have appealed for information from anyone who thinks they say him on Christmas Eve evening or since as well as camera footage of any possible sightings.

Mr Morrison is described as being about 5ft 9 and is known to be a heavy smoker.

He is believed to have been wearing black Adidas trainers, a long-sleeved dark T-shirt and a navy padded jacket. He could also be wearing a beanie hat and gloves.

Anyone with information should call police on 101.