After months of slaving away in the kitchen, Scotland’s top bakers have been honoured at the World Scotch Pie Championships.
A number of bakeries across the north and north east were shortlisted for the award but Murrays Bakers in Perth has been crowned World Scotch Pie champion 2015.
A record 100 butchers and bakers entered in the hope of winning the coveted title but experts, joined by Bay City Roller Les McKeown, whittled them down to the shortlist which the Perth bakery then topped.
Linda Hill of Murrays Bakers said “I am delighted. To have been given the ultimate accolade and to be able to call our pie the world champion as judged by a panel of experts is just fantastic.”
The competition, which has been running for 16 years, is organised by Scottish Bakers and the Scottish Federation of Meat Traders.
Shortlisted north and north east bakeries
- Chalmers Bakery Ltd – Bucksburn
- Hame Bakery – Peterhead
- Bert Fowlie – Strichen
- Bruce of the Broch – Fraserburgh
- J G Ross (Bakers) Ltd – Inverurie
- Keptie Bakery – Letham
- Hastie & Dyce – Inverness
- Ashers Bakery – Nairn
- Fraser Brogherd – Dingwall
- William Grant Bakers – Tain
- R George Butchers – Lhanbryde
- Murdoch Brothers Butchers – Forres
- Fraser Bros Ltd – Forres
- Annie’s Bakery Ltd – Wick
- Donaldson’s of Orkney – Kirkwall