Ross County look to get back to winning ways this evening as they take on struggling Championship side Hibs.
County are yet to pick up a point in the league in what has been a frustrating start to the season but new manager Jim McIntyre will be hoping progress in the League Cup can help kickstart the club’s season.
Hibernian have endured an equally frustrating start and sit seventh in the Championship with six points from their opening six matches.
Ross County team news
- Defender Scott Boyd will miss the tie after collecting a dead leg against Aberdeen on Saturday
- Uros Celcer is still struggling with a hamstring injury and may also miss the game
- Steven Saunders also looks likely to miss the game with an ankle injury
- Summer signing Tim Dreesen is close to a return to full fitness and may feature
Hibernian team news
- Alan Stubbs has reported one or two knocks in his Hibs team but he expects everyone to be fit for tonight
Watch out for
- Ross County captaincy: Will Richard Brittain feature in the County midfield or will Jim McIntyre name him as a substitute as he did against Motherwell?
- Hibernian strikeforce: Hibs will be missing their main goal threat Farid El Alugui through injury and will be relying on France under-19 cap Dominique Malonga who joined the club earlier this month
Did you know?
- Ross County have won just one of the last five meetings between the teams
- That victory came the last time the teams played, in May earlier this year, when a Richard Brittain penalty secured a 1-0 County win
- County have only scored four goals against Hibs since Boxing Day 2012 and three of those four were scored by Brittain, with former Hibee Ivan Sproule scoring the other