A week ago this fixture looked as if it could be decisive in terms of who finished in second-bottom spot in the Scottish Premiership.
However, the Staggies secured their top-flight status last Saturday with a 2-1 home win over Hamilton while Killie reached safety with a 4-1 victory at Partick Thistle, leaving Motherwell in the play-off spot, where they will face Rangers or Hibernian.
Kilmarnock team news
- Jamie Hamill is suspended for the game after going through the points threshold.
- Striker Josh Magennis is free to play after winning his appeal against a two-match ban for clashing with team mate Hamill in the 4-1 win over Partick last week.
- Skipper Manuel Pascali is a doubt after he picked up a knock, while full-back Chris Chantler (ankle) and Sammy Clingan (knee) miss out, as does long-term injury victim Michael Ngoo (ankle).
Ross County team news
- Filip Kiss is free to play for Ross County against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park on Saturday. The Staggies midfielder won his claim of wrongful dismissal after being sent off against Hamilton last week.
- Keeper Mark Brown and defender Scott Boyd return after suspension.
Liam Boyce says
“I think it will be a bit surreal.
“Obviously there was a lot of pressure on both teams over the last couple of weeks but because we got that relief it will be a bit less competitive.
“It was just a relief to get over the line, but we will still be going out to win the game and giving everything we have.
“We want to finish as high as possible and everyone will be going out to win the game.
“If you play football, you want to win. There’s a chance to jump over Kilmarnock in the table and we will try to take that chance.
“And there are a lot of players being released, so I think they want to sign off leaving the fans a good memory.”
Kilmarnock provisional squad
Samson, Barbour, O’Hara, Ashcroft, Slater, Johnston, Pascali, McKenzie, Eremenko, Cairney, Magennis, Eccleston, Connolly, Syme, Davidson, Obadeyi, Brennan, Westlake, Miller, Kiltie, Splaine, Hawkshaw.
Ross County provisional squad
Brown, Reguero, Carey, Kiss, Cardle, Jervis, P Quinn, Dingwall, Boyd, Gardyne, Palazuelos, Woods, Irvine, Dunfield, Reckord, Curran, Fraser, Saunders, Meite, De Vita, Boyce, R Quinn, Frempah, Brittain, Sernas, Tait.