Rangers are continuing their much publicised pursuit of Hibs midfielder Scott Allan but it could be Celtic’s move for another midfielder which has the potential to raise a few eyebrows.
While Celtic could sign a World Cup winner, the man who is going to one day lead Scotland to World Cup glory (Jordan Rhodes) looks like he could be on the move.
And down south, could Ronaldo be on his way back to Manchester United?
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer tales.
- Celtic could make an ambitious move for Germany and Borussia Dortmund winger Kevin Großkreutz.
The 27-year-old was part of the Germany World Cup winning squad but has been told he does not feature in the plans of new Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel.
Großkreutz has previously been seen supporting Celtic in European matches and is reportedly keen on a move to Parkhead. (Bild)
- Rangers have had two offers rejected for Hibs midfielder Scott Allan and Allan will today hand in a transfer request as he tries to secure his move away from Easter Road. (Daily Record)
- However, Hibs manager Alan Stubbs insists there is no chance the club will sell their star man to Rangers. (The Scotsman)
- Motherwell have rejected the chance to sign former Leeds keeper Dan Atkinson who had been on trial at Fir Park, so their search for a new goalkeeper continues. (The Sun)
- Blackburn Rovers have rejected a bid from Middlesbrough for striker Jordan Rhodes, however, the Scotland international is keen to push through a move. (Lancashire Telegraph)
Latest completed deals
- Scottish youngster Jack Harper has joined Brighton from Real Madrid.
- St Mirren have signed New Zealand international midfiedler Cameron Howieson, following his release by Burnley.
- Former Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire has joined Rotherham on a one-year deal from Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday.
And down south….
- Arsenal are looking to sign Juventus striker Fernando Llorente, 30, in an £8million deal (The Sun)
- Manchester United are looking to sign Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, 30. The Portuguese forward reportedly is not getting on with new Madrid boss Rafa Benitez. (Manchester Evening News)
- Meanwhile, a deal could be struck next week to bring Barcelona forward Pedro to Old Trafford. (Daily Express)
- Aston Villa have opened discussions with Tottenham over signing striker Emmanuel Adebyaor, 31. (Birmingham Mail)
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby, 29, is set to have a medical with West Brom. (Sky Sports)
- Aston Villa are on the verge of signing free agent Esteban Cambiasso, 34, and Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede, 26. (The Sun)
- Norwich look likely to sign Fiorentina full-back Marcos Alonso for £2million. (Talksport)