Today has been a day of mixed fortunes for Scottish teams in the transfer window.
Celtic’s first signing of the window has spoken about his move, Aberdeen will not be signing a former trialist and Rangers are closing in on two signings.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Aberdeen have missed out on former trialist Sebastian Dolivo after the young Fin signed a two-year deal with KTP Kotka.
Dolivo, 19, spent time on trial with the Dons in December and was also linked with a move to Rangers.
- Celtic are chasing the signature of Molde striker Mohamed Elyounoussi.
The 21-year-old Norway international, who scored twice against Celtic in this season’s Europa League, has admitted that Celtic are keen to secure his signature. Elyounoussi would reportedly cost around £2 million. (Scottish Sun)
- Celtic are also favourites to sign Danish midfielder Rasmus Falk from Odense.
The Hoops are hoping to land the 24-year-old for a cut price fee of £150,000 because he has only six months to run on his current contract at Odense.
However, the Hoops face competition from a number of German clubs as well as Lille, Malmo, Brondby and Midtjylland for the player’s signature. (Daily Mail)
- Hibs are set to complete the loan signing of Celtic striker Anthony Stokes today in a deal until the end of the season.
The Easter Road club are also on the verge of welcoming Kevin Thomson back to Edinburgh in a player/coach role. (Various)
- Rangers boss Mark Warburton has confirmed the Ibrox club are closing in on two new signings.
Reports suggest the players in question are Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga and St Johnstone forward Michael O’Halloran but Warburton would not confirm the identity of either player. (Various)
- Scotland attacker Steven Naismith is expected to complete his move from Everton to Norwich today.
The 29-year-old is undergoing his medical after the two clubs agreed an £8.5million deal. (Various)
- Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes could be on the move this month with news that two clubs are chasing his signature.
One of the interested clubs is believed to be Championship side Sheffield Wednesday. (Sky Sports)
- Middlesbrough have had a bid of £8million rejected for Fulham and Scotland forward Ross McCormack. (HITC)
- Scotland cap Matt Phillips is attracting plenty of interest, with Watford reportedly joining West Brom and Bournemouth in the chase for his signature this month. (GetWestLondon)
Latest done deals
- Celtic’s first signing of transfer window, Danish international Erik Sviatchenko, has said he wants “to be remembered for winning” after signing on a four-and-a-half-year deal at Parkhead for around £1.5 million.
- Nathan Oduwa has returned to Tottenham after his loan spell at Rangers was cut short.
- Liam Grimshaw has joined Preston North End on a permanent deal from Manchester United after his loan deal at Motherwell was cut short.
- Partick Thistle striker Kris Doolan has signed a new contract, keeping him at Firhill until 2019.