It hasn’t been the most lively of days in the transfer window but Celtic are edging closer to a loan signing from Manchester City, while Dundee United face losing another of their highly rated youngsters and – talking of youngsters – a fourth Falkirk player has moved to Swansea.
Here’s a look at today’s top tales…
- Blackburn Rovers and Hearts are reportedly among the clubs chasing highly rated Dundee United youngster John Souttar.
The Jambos are rumoured to have had a £100,000 bid for the 19-year-old rejected. (Various)
- St Mirren are looking to sign Aberdeen midfielder Cammy Smith on loan until the end of the season. (Sun)
- Celtic are set to complete the signing of Manchester City youngster Patrick Roberts.
The talented 18-year-old winger joined City for £11million last summer from Fulham and Sir Trevor Brooking has tipped him to help England win the 2020 World Cup. No pressure, young man! (Sun)
- Dundee United have been dealt a blow after former Kilmarnock playmaker Alexei Eremenko rejected a move to Tannadice in order to join Finnish champions SJK. (Daily Express)
- St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright has confirmed that Michael O’Halloran remains in his plans and says that the attacker is no closer to joining Rangers. (Various)
- Rangers are on the verge of signing Wolves youngster Mekhi Leakock-McLeod.
The winger joined the Ibrox club on trial last month and is expected to join the Ibrox side’s Under-20 squad. (HITC)
- Leeds United are looking to sign former Celtic winger Aiden McGeady on loan from Everton. (Liverpool Echo)
Latest done deals
- Former Aberdeen attacker Mitch Megginson has joined Alloa Athletic on a permanent deal from Raith Rovers.
Would like to thank all the Raith fans for there support and wish the lads all the best for the rest of the season! @RaithRovers_FC
— Mitchel Megginson (@MitchMegginson) January 27, 2016
- St Mirren have signed David Clarkson, 30, from Motherwell on loan until the end of the season.
- Dominique Malonga has completed his move from Hibernian to Italian side Pro Vercelli.
— FC Pro Vercelli 1892 (@ProVercelli1892) January 27, 2016
- Swansea City have signed Falkirk youngster Ryan Blair for an undisclosed fee.
The 19-year-old is the fourth Bairns youth academy product to move to Swansea, following Jay Fulton, Stephen Kingsley and Botti Biabi.
- Kieran Duffie, 23, has left Falkirk by mutual consent.The former Scotland under-21 international made over 100 appearances for the Bairns.
- Rotherham United have signed Birmingham City’s former Caley Thistle midfielder Andrew Shinnie on loan until the end of the season.
- East Fife have completed the signing of midfielder Brodie Gray, 18, from Kennoway Star Hearts on an 19-month-deal.
And down south
- Manchester United are worried assistant manager Ryan Giggs will end his 28-year association with the club if he is overlooked as successor to boss Louis van Gaal. (Daily Mirror)
- Former United and Arsenal striker Robin van Persie could become a Chelsea player as the Stamford Bridge club are weighing up a bid for the Fenerbahce frontman. (Daily Express)
Chelsea have quoted Newcastle a £12m fee to sign striker Loic Remy. (Daily Mail)
- Alexandre Pato is set to join Chelsea on loan with the champions agreeing to sign the Brazil striker for £15m in the summer if he is a hit. (Various)
- Chelsea will demand at least £80million before even thinking about selling Eden Hazard. (Sun)