Rangers have today made a shock move to sign a Hearts winger, while Hearts themselves are reportedly looking to sign two of the hottest young talents on Tayside.
South of the border Ross McCormack is edging closer to a move, while Derek Riordan looks to kickstart his career in England.
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Hearts winger Billy King, 21, is set sign for Rangers on loan until the end of the season. (Daily Record)
- Wolves winger Mekhi Leacock-McLeod, 19, is expected to be offered a deal at Ibrox after impressing on trial. (Various)
- Hearts are expected to make a second bid for Dundee United youngster John Souttar.
United rejected the Jambos’ first bid, believed to be around £100,000. (Evening News)
- Hearts have launched a bid to sign Dundee attacker Craig Wighton.
The highly rated 18-year-old has recently spent time on loan at Raith Rovers. Hearts are believed to have offered £80,000.
- Kilmarnock are closing in on the signature of Carlisle United’s Gary Dicker, the English side have given Killie permission to talk to the midfielder. (BBC)
- Scotland forward Ross McCormack has handed in a transfer request to his bosses at Fulham but it has reportedly been rejected.
Middlesbrough have had two bids rejected this month for the 29-year-old.
- Former Hibs and Celtic striker Derek Riordan is set to sign for York City after impressing the League Two side’s manager Jackie McNamara during a recent trial. (The York Press)
Latest done deals
- Falkirk have signed former Hibs and Caley Thistle full back Kevin McCann, who was most recently playing in Singapore.
- Livingston have signed Dundee United midfielder Charlie Telfer on loan until the end of the season.
- Clyde have signed former Dunfermline and Livingston defender Ross Millen on a deal until the end of the season.
- Former Queen of the South full back Chris Mitchell has left Clyde due to work reasons.
- Hibs have released youngster Conner Duthie following his loan spell at Spartans.
- St Johnstone youngster Neil Martyniuk has joined Montrose on loan until the end of the season, while fellow Perth Saints youngster has moved to East of Scotland league side Whitehill Welfare.
- Striker Luke Armstrong, 19, has left Cowdenbeath by mutual consent.
- Mark Hughes could be Jose Mourinho’s permanent successor at Chelsea with Stoke’s progress under the former Stamford Bridge player being a deciding factor. (The Guardian)
- However, Tottenham’s good form this season and his less abrasive style than that of Mourinho has put Mauricio Pochettino ahead of the competition. (The Independent)
- While a third report suggests a Stamford Bridge return for Claudio Ranieri can not be ruled out. (The Telegraph)
- Jamie Vardy’s fine form for Leicester and England has put him on Chelsea’s radar with Loic Remy being offered in part exchange. (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal have agreed a £23m fee for Dynamo Kiev ace Andriy Yarmalenko. (Daily Star)
- Gary Cahill is so concerned about his lack of playing time at Chelsea ahead of Euro 2016 he is ready to quit the club, just a month after signing a new four-year deal. (Sun)