There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the anticipation going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and trio of Aberdeen stars who could be forgiven for feeling a little under-appreciated.
Here are today’s top stories…
- James Tavernier has emerged as a top target for Turkish club Trabzonspor. Tavernier was one of the break out stars at Ibrox last season. (Daily Record)
- Dons winger Jonny Hayes has been caught speeding through roadworks at 84mph. The 29-year-old was in his grey Mercedes sports coupe when he was snared by police in a temporary 50mph limit. (Press and Journal)
- Birmingham City are no longer interested in signing Dundee striker Greg Stewart. It comes after the Championship side completed a £2million move for Che Adams. (Evening Telegraph)
- Ahead of tonight’s visit to Ayr United, Aberdeen midfielder Kenny McLean says a League Cup run is crucial for the Pittodrie club. (Press & Journal)
- Celtic are chasing Bristol City right back Luke Ayling as Brendan Rodgers looks to add to his defensive options. (Bristol Post)
- Ross County defender Andrew Davies is committed to the Dingwall club for this season, having previously asked for a release due to family reasons. (Press and Journal)
- Former Marseille defender Rod Fanni has been linked with a move to Rangers. (Daily Record)
- Conrad Logan has rejoined former club Rochdale.
- Tom Rogic has signed a new three-year deal with Celtic.
- Aidan Nesbitt has joined Greenock Morton on loan.
- West Ham left-back Lewis Page has joined Coventry City on loan.
- Aston Villa man Carlos Sanchez has joined Fiorentina on loan.
South of the Border
- Brazillian starlet Gabriel Barbosa could be set for a stunning switch to Premier League champions Leicester City after the Tigers tabled a £23million bid for the striker. (Various)
- Meanwhile, Claudio Ranieri has agreed a new long-term contract with Leicester. (Sky Sports)
- Norwich and Scotland forward Steven Naismith could be set for an £8million move to Sunderland to link up with former manager David Moyes.
- Arsenal will bid £30m for Manchester City’s Ivory Coast striker Wilfried Bony, 27. (Daily Star)
- Manchester City had the chance to sign defender Eric Bailly, 22, for just £6m last summer but rejected it as he joined Villarreal. He has since signed for Manchester United. (The Sun)
Dons boss Derek McInnes has revealed that no clubs have made bids for Aberdeen’s star trio Adam Rooney, Jonny Hayes and Niall McGinn.
McInnes told the Evening Express: “There’s been no bids for any of our players which pleases rather than surprises me.”
It comes after striker Adam Rooney signed a new deal on Friday, keeping him at the club until 2020.
McInnes added: “Adam’s new contract illustrates how how happy he and his family are in Aberdeen.”